Monday, July 23, 2012

A Back to School Project for a Teacher!

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but I was excited to share it with you all, this cute and easy origami style handbag can be used for any occasion or a just because gift bag.  It is simple and easy to do, and I will be making more of them on my postings to share.   They are just the perfect size and can hold a lot in this 12 x 12 cardstock... Their is absolutely no cutting involved, on one side you just score 3" x 3" turn it the other way and score it at 5" x 5", I took a 6" x 6" designer's paper and scored it 5" so that it would flap over, punched out my holes with my Crop-A-Dile, added brads for the handle.  For the handle I cut two strips of 1/2" x 12" cardstock.  I also had a lot of my already made apples that I did on a previous postings using my Create a Critter cartridge.   I try to keep a stash of each project using my Cricut so that I have them handy when I need them.  And last I used my Spell binder Flora Doily Motifs.  Now was this simple or not....  This handbag is so versatile then you can embellish it  how ever you want it.  




I hope this project inspired you, I would like for you to try it out you will be amazed how quick and simple it easy... Can't wait to see your creation on this project!
Thanks for popping in~

22 comments:

  1. great gift bag love the apple on it! Can think of a million great uses for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is SUPER CUTE Shirl!that little apple is so sweet and LOVE the bag,AWESOME!Hope you had a great weekend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest bag and that apple with the little face is too adorable. Trust me - I 'm a teacher and any teacher would love this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute. Love that little apple. My favorite cartridge is Create a Critter

    ReplyDelete
  5. couldnt be any cuter...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super cute! I love the apple face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea and gift!! apple is perfect for a teacher too!! very cute!!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute.the teachers will love it.Im working on a purse mini right now.We are thinking alike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute idea and love the cute apple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool bag. It would surely make a great gift and looks like it can be filled with a lot of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning shirl.i love the sweet apple ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so super adorable Shirl!!! Perfect for any teacher!!!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, and so easy to coordinate it with a card for a great present.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my this is too cute...I love that adorable apple...great little project Shirl...Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so fabulous, Shirl!! I love the look and the apple is too cute!! Perfect for a teacher or anyone!! Love it my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute bag! Definitely cute for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure she loved it! What a sweet gesture, and your bag is terrific!

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for stopping by and leaving
me some sweet comments. Hope you
come back and visit me real soon.
Have a Blessed Day~

Comment Counter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...